The work and impact of San Diego nonprofits is important to advance a vibrant quality of life in the San Diego region. To support your efforts, we’re sharing valuable information every month about upcoming workshops, events, fundraising opportunities and resources with your organization.
- Join KPBS and the National Conflict Resolution Center for a Community Conversation on human trafficking, featuring an in-person interview with Community Hero Buki Domingos, board chair of Activists San Diego. The event is free but space is limited and an RSVP is required to attend. Event date: October 2, 2019
- Join fellow nonprofit organizations and learn about the current state of the nonprofit sector at the 2019 State of Nonprofits and Philanthropy Summit, hosted by University of San Diego’s Nonprofit Institute. Event date: October 18, 2019
Other Funding Opportunities
- The San Diego County Air Pollution Control District has launched the Clean Air for All Grant Campaign to help businesses, nonprofits and government agencies swap their polluting heavy machinery and equipment for electric and low carbon emission alternative. Applications are now being accepted. Deadline: September 20, 2019
- The Clif Bar Family Foundation is awarding small grants for general organization support as well as specific projects that address priorities from a holistic perspective. Deadline: October 1, 2019
- A Blade of Grass invites applications for its 2019 Fellowship for Socially Engaged Art. The fellowship is meant to support artists in creating exchanges, experiences and structures that highlight social problems, inspire audiences and energize people to participate in and sustain long-term social change work. Deadline: October 14, 2019
- The Tippett Foundation is accepting proposals for organizations that support elder healthcare, musical education, theater arts or animal welfare. Deadline: October 15, 2019
- Cal Humanities is accepting applications for the California Documentary Project, a competitive grants program that supports documentary film, radio and new media productions designed to enhance an understanding of California and its cultures, peoples and histories. Projects must use the humanities to provide context, depth and perspective and be suitable for California and national audiences through broadcast and/or distribution. Deadline: November 1, 2019
- Nonprofit organizations can utilize our Community Engagement Space for conference and meeting rooms at no charge. Learn more >
- Through a partnership with The San Diego Foundation, Nonprofit Management Solutions offers access to a free resource library for management and fundraising information.